Yesterday I let my frustration go. I decided to put the brioche project on the shelf for now. I had ripped out and ripped out and ripped out until I no longer really wanted to even make the Brioche scarf.
I decided that I needed to do something fun and something quick to get back in the knitting mood. Is that even a real mood? Well for me I think it is!
I have had this Plymouth yarn baby alpaca brush floating around in my yarn bag for a good four months. I have been wanting to make something with it preferably a hat for quite some time and I decided that now would be a perfect time to get it out and get going. It is so soft that I decided I hat with a a little fair Isle pattern would be perfect.
I started this yesterday on the way to the other Ranch to drop off a calf. The kids had picked out three steers for 4H, and they only needed two. This one was a little wild and never wanted to really calm down so he was headed back to all of his buddies at the Lance Creek Ranch.
After starting the reading and getting going on the pattern, I have decided this is so much better than the brioche. Sometimes it’s just not meant to happen.
Hopefully this weather will not keep my new Addie needles delayed too long I am anxious to skip started on JJ’s mittens. This is another new project that has me a little frustrated. I wouldn’t say frustrated but size 2 needles takes a long time to finish. And not only that but, unlike a hat or scarf when you don’t enjoy or look forward to working on something, you know that if you just get through it you will be done. With mittens you have to make another one. That is a true nightmare.
While visiting my mom the first of February she talked me into, well she just signed me up, for a class on the Brioche stitch. We went over to Rogersville to Sunnyside Yarns. It is a cute little store and easy to find whatever you need.
Well we were introduced to the American Brioche stitch and the Dutch brioche stitch. I conquered each quickly and then visited the remainder of the time. She gave us a simple pattern for a scarf and away we went with one new stitch under our belts.
Then I started working on it. The American way with the slip and yarn over and then knit 2 together is fun and easy. Until, yes until you mess up. Then there is no fixing. It just becomes a mix of loose yarn and holes. Ripping it out is my only option. So I start, mess up and rip out. Start get about 15 rows rip it out. Frustration is not something I enjoy. I like to conquer and move on. I can’t move on past this stitch. I have started to just cut it off instead of ripping it out. Enough was enough.
I decided to decrease my needle size and try the Dutch method. It is just a knit and three knit below stitch. This can kind of be undone. So far so good. We will see how far I get.