What are you cooking? Mom! What’s for Dinner?!!
Those are constant sentences in my house and I am sure the same is heard in homes all around the world. I have become obsessed with meal planning. Well I am obsessed with anything I can plan and write and create. (Can you tell that since I quit teaching I need a certain amount of time to create plans, calendars, anything!!!)
At the beginning of each month I sit with my dry erase calendar and begin planning my month of meals. It really helps me to cut grocery costs, plan meals, and stop the what’s for dinner questions. I leave room for leftovers and when I know we will be in town due to activities.
However I am tired of my same old, same old meals. What I need is your help with something new. So help me out. Here is my calendar help me fill it up. Now be prepared I may ask for your recipe. Also we are ranchers, so meat must be in every meal. LOL
- Meatloaf cupcakes (disguised with mashed potatoes for icing)
- Chicken Pot Pies
- Hamburgers, deviled eggs, salsa, chips
- Fried Chicken bites, honey mustard, and BBQ dipping sauce
- Salisbury Steaks, mashed potaotes, peas
- Chili, cheddar cheese, frito chips
- Smoked pork chops – lunch Spaghetti, garlic bread-Supper
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Teriyaki Kbobs
- Steak, Baked Potatoes, Asparagus
- Spinach Salad, deviled eggs are my contributions to Easter Dinner
- Chicken Fried Steak, Mashed potatoes, corn
- Hamburgers, Baked Beans, Onion Rings
- Steaks, garlic mashed potatoes, Green Beans
- Pulled pork Sandwiches (from the freezer)
So please help me out. I am open to just about anything. Kid friendly is a must.